Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Brasserie Grain d’Orge Belzebuth Blonde Ale

I know I’m in for an early night what I pull out a bottle from Brasserie Grain d’Orge, a family owned brewery in the Flanders region of Northern France.   “Why?” you ask… Brasserie Grain d’Orge Belzebuth Blonde Ale weighs in at an intoxicating 13% abv.


I poured Belzebuth into a wine glass and watched the cloudy, honey colored ale settle into the glass with little to no head or carbonation.  The nose was a gripping combination of grape, blackberry, pepper, and dried fruits with a noticeable quaff of alcohol.

Belzebuth drank bright with honey and berries up front, mellowing into a prickly, fermented grape body.  The ale ended on a very complex fade of fruits and herbs as it dried and became dusty in my mouth.  There was a lingering, white wine linger in the back of my mouth and the alcohol really popped at the end.

Brasserie Grain d’Orge Belzebuth Blonde Ale was a very interesting drink (it reminded me of a super-charged Midas Touch, in some ways)… really easy to drink and proudly wearing it’s alcohol content on its sleeve.  To be honest, even the single 8.4oz bottle I drank got to my head, so I recommend drinker be ‘ware when pulling one out of the fridge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment